Thimphu & Paro Tour Packages
Wondrous tourist destination in Bhutan also called as Land of The Thunder Dragon is a South-East Asian nation, placed in the eastern Himalayas. The landlocked nation is joined by China in the north, Arunachal Pradesh in the east, Sikkim in the west, and Assam and West Bengal in the south. Bhutan is a natural monarchy with an administrative form of government and the King is the head of the state.
Tour Package Details:
DAY 01: ARRIVAL AT PARO AND TRANSFER TO THIMPHU
Welcome on arrival at Paro Airport and transfer to Thimpu (55Kms / 1.5hrs). en-route stop at Chojum, the confluence Thimphu Chu and Paro Chu. Afternoon at leisure.
Evening visit Tashi Chhoe Dzong or the Fortress situated on the west bank of Wang Chhu River, Trashi Chhoe Dzong is the formal coronation site of the fifth King. The Dzong has been the seat of the government since 1952 and presently houses the throne room and offices of the king, the secretariat and the ministries of home affairs and finance. The annual Tsechu festival is hosted here. Overnight in Thimphu
DAY 02: THIMPHU LOCAL SIGHTSEEING
After breakfast visit Great Buddha Dordenma (locally known as Kuensel Phodrang) a gigantic Shakyamuni Buddha statue in the mountains of Bhutan celebrating the 60th anniversary of fourth king Jigme Singye Wangchuck (Buddha Statue); National Memorial Chorten (Monument) also known as "the most visible religious landmark in Bhutan" and Folk Heritage Museum – dedicated to connecting people with the rich Bhutanese Folk heritage and rural history through exhibits, demonstrations, educational programs and documentation of Bhutanese rural life. Afternoon visit Changangkha Lhakhang – one of the oldest temples in the Thimpu Valley; visit the Takin Preserve Centre – Takin is the national animal of Bhutan. Overnight stay at Thimphu.
DAY 03:THIMPHU – PARO AND PARO LOCAL SIGHTSEEING
After breakfast transfer to Paro (55Kms / 01hr) . Later visit Ta Dzong – National Museum with an excellent collection of arts, relics, religious thangkha. Rinpung Dzong - Meaning "fortress of the heap of jewels"and Kyichu Lhakhang – one of the oldest monasteries in Bhutan. Overnight stay at Paro.
DAY 04: PARO LOCAL SIGHTSEEING
After breakfast visit the ruins of Drukgyel Dzong. Also visit famous Taktsang Monastery - called “Tiger's Nest” (2hrs hike from the base camp) – this is one of the most interesting monasteries in Bhutan due to its location. It is believed that Guru Padmasambhava arrived at this place on the back of a tigress to subdue the demons. It is blessed and sanctified as one of Bhutan’s most sacred religious sites. Overnight stay will be at Paro.
DAY 05: PARO AIRPORT DROP
Morning after breakfast transfer from hotel to Paro airport for onwards journey. Tour ends.
- 04 Nights Accommodation on Twin Sharing basis at the above mentioned hotels in the Standard Category Rooms:
- Arrival & Departure transfers by exclusive vehicle. (Ex. PARO Airport).
- One full day Thimphu Local Sightseeing
- Excursion trip (trek) to Tiger’s Nest Monastery.
- All Parking and Driver Charges as per itinerary.
- Assistance on arrival at Paro Airport.
- All currently applicable Taxes except GST 5%
- Any Indian National visiting Bhutan is required to carry a Photo ID Proof (Voter ID / Passport / Driving License – with address) along with passport size photographs 4-5pcs and photo copy of ID proof 4-5pcs, in order to obtain Bhutan Entry permit at Phuentsholing.
- Bhutan Emigration is closed on Saturday, Sunday and Bhutan Govt. Holidays.
- Above rates are valid for Indian nationals only.