4 nights / 5 days Thimphu & Paro, bhutan Tour Package
The last of the Himalayan kingdom, situated right at the ledge of the eastern Himalayas, Bhutan is also known as “The Land of the Thunder Dragon”. Bhutan is a landlocked country with its immediate neighbours being China located right up in the north, Arunachal Pradesh in the east, Sikkim to the west and Assam and West Bengal in the south. Bhutan is the only country that has almost 72 percent of its land covered in forests. The mystical mountains, the picturesque plains and the harmonious society has led to Bhutan being called as the world’s happiest country. The place has collated and beautifully preserved the Buddhist culture and way of life that is so evident across the majestic fortresses from dzongs to monasteries. Visit Bhutan to get enamoured by an environmentally and culturally rich land. We provide best bhutan tour package from siliguri.
The capital city of Bhutan, Thimphu is also often regarded as “Thimbu”, based on how it is spelled widely. The Himalayan kingdom is perched in central Bhutan and stands tall at a height of 7657 ft. This charming place is surrounded by lofty hills and gushing stream called the “Thimphu Chu”. A high seated city which is an amalgamation of Bhutanese culture, traditions and modernisation. The city houses the administrative seat of the King and boasts of several monasteries and Buddhist sites.
Paro is an ancient town of Bhutan located at an elevation of 7217 ft. Situated on the banks of Paro Chu, Paro is a quaint valley that thrives as a tourism hub. Bhutan’s only airport is located in the scenic Paro. The town of Paro is picturesque and is a true heaven for nature lovers. Paro is dotted with multiple monasteries, scenic places, sacred sites and historical buildings. Paro serves as the hot bed for tourists being one of the most beautiful destinations all across Bhutan tour. ITS offers the best tour packages to visit Bhutan to get enamoured by an environmentally and culturally rich land.
- Tour Location: Bhutan
- Start From: : Phuentsholing / Siliguri / New Jalpaiguri / Bagdogra / Paro
Since the guests are picked up from Siliguri / New Jalpaiguri or Bagdogra Airport and transferred to Phuentsholing. Phuentsholing is the border town of Bhutan from where one has to get their permits done to enter Bhutan.
Welcome on arrival at Paro Airport and transfer to Thimphu (55Kms / 1.5hrs). en-route stop at Chojum, the confluence of Thimphu Chu and Paro Chu. Afternoon at leisure. Evening visit Tashi Chhoe Dzong or the Fortress situated on the west bank of Wang Chhu River, Tashi Chhoe Dzong is the formal coronation site of the fifth King. The Dzong has been the seat of the government since 1952 and presently houses the throne room and offices of the king, the secretariat and the ministries of home affairs and finance. The annual Tsechu festival is hosted here. Overnight in Thimphu
DAY 02: THIMPHU LOCAL SIGHTSEEING
After breakfast visit Great Buddha Dordenma (locally known as Kuensel Phodrang) a gigantic Shakyamuni Buddha statue in the mountains of Bhutan celebrating the 60th anniversary of the fourth king Jigme Singye Wangchuck (Buddha Statue); National Memorial Chorten (Monument) also known as “the most visible religious landmark in Bhutan” and Folk Heritage Museum – dedicated to connecting people with the rich Bhutanese Folk heritage and rural history through exhibits, demonstrations, educational programs and documentation of Bhutanese rural life. Afternoon visit Changangkha Lhakhang – one of the oldest temples in the Thimphu Valley; visit the Takin Preserve Centre – Takin is the national animal of Bhutan. Overnight stay at Thimphu.
DAY 03: THIMPHU – PARO AND PARO LOCAL SIGHTSEEING
After breakfast transfer to Paro (55Kms / 01hr). Later visit Ta Dzong – National Museum with an excellent collection of arts, relics, religious thangkha. Rinpung Dzong – Meaning “fortress of the heap of jewels”and Kyichu Lhakhang – one of the oldest monasteries in Bhutan Tour. Overnight stay at Paro.
DAY 04: PARO LOCAL SIGHTSEEING
After breakfast visit the ruins of Drukgyel Dzong. Also visit the famous Taktsang Monastery – called “Tiger’s Nest” (2hrs hike from the base camp) – this is one of the most interesting monasteries in Bhutan due to its location. It is believed that Guru Padmasambhava arrived at this place on the back of a tigress to subdue the demons. It is blessed and sanctified as one of Bhutan’s most sacred religious sites. Overnight stay will be at Paro.
DAY 05: PARO AIRPORT DROP
Morning after breakfast transfer from hotel to Paro airport for onwards journey. Tour ends.
- Gold: Mandala / Rema
- Diamond: Kichu Resort / Udumwara
- Platinum: Naksel
- Gold: Peaceful / Riverside
- Diamond: Ramada / Osel
- Platinum: Le Meridian
- 04 night’s accommodation on twin sharing basis at the above mentioned hotels in standard category rooms.
- Arrival & departure transfers by exclusive vehicle. (Ex. Paro Airport).
- One full day Thimphu local sightseeing.
- Excursion trip (trek) to Tiger’s Nest Monastery.
- All parking and driver charges as per itinerary.
- Assistance on arrival at Paro airport.
- Sustainable development fee per person.
- All currently applicable taxes except GST 5%
- Guide charges.
- Parking & porter charges.
- Entry fees.
- Personal expenses: such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages, food (if not included).
- Additional sightseeing or usage of vehicle not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any services not mentioned in the itinerary.
- High season surcharge.
- Goods and service tax.
- Any Indian National visiting Bhutan is required to carry a Photo ID Proof (Voter ID / Passport / Driving License – with address) along with passport size photographs 4-5pcs and photo copy of ID proof 4-5pcs, in order to obtain Bhutan Entry permit at Phuentsholing.
- Bhutan Emigration is closed on Saturday, Sunday and Bhutan Govt. Holidays.
- Above rates are valid for Indian nationals only.